Welcome to Nursery
Your class teacher is: Miss Gostelow
Your nursery nurse is: Mrs Franek
The Christmas holidays are over now and we hope that all of the children had a good rest over the holidays and are now ready to come back to nursery to carry on with their learning.
This term our topic is ‘Into the forest’. We will be learning all about Winter, looking at the weather changes, the clothing that we wear and what animals do to keep warm in the Winter.
Our texts will be Stanley’s stick followed by The Gruffalo. We will be exploring these texts using different media and play such as making stick pictures, sticks music and making the characters from the Gruffalo. In addition, we will using describing words and begin to use our phonics to write recipes for meals like Gruffalo crumble!
This term we will begin phase 2 of Jolly phonics. We will be learning our phonics sounds, we will be starting with the sound ‘s’, ‘a’ and ‘t’. The children will be looking for objects beginning with these sound around in our envrionement and we will be making a sound box. We will also be practising the letter formation in lots of different textures for example flour, rice, lentils as well as using a pencil.
We are going to be working with numbers 1-10. This includes recgonising the numerals in and out of order, matching the numeral to the quantity and touch counting. In addition, we will be discussing the size of objects using comparative language such as big/little, tall/short, fat/thin to group and order them.
This term we will be looking at how we are all made in God’s image. We will be looking for ways in which we can see God’s work in our world around us.
Every Wednesday, starting on Wednesday 16thJanurary, we will be getting our wellies on and going outside! We will be conducting lots of our learning outside. For example, when reading Stanley’s Stick we will be collecting our own sticks and making stick pictures.
- Please bring your child’s wellies every Wednesday- they will not stay in school. Please make sure that your child’s wellies have their name in and you clean them weekly.
- Book bags are to be in school and sent home daily.The children will have a free choice book to be shared with an adult every night (perfect for bedtime stories). Please make a small comment twice a week about your child’s thoughts/feelings on the story that was read.
- Children will take home their phonics worksheets twice a week- these are to be completed at home and kept at home for your records to practise with your child.
- Please return any spare clothes that we have given your child last term/this term. We are running out of spare uniform and many items have not yet been returned.
- Please name your child’s items of clothing!