The teachers in Year 2 are:
Miss Montenero (2M)
Miss Esteban (2E)
Also working in Year 2 is:
Mrs Payne and Mrs Nketsia
Welcome to the Year 2 class page!
Welcome to the Spring Term in Year 2. The children are now well into their Year 2 routines and below, you will find out more about the exciting topics we will be covering this term.
Our topic this half term is Being A Sacramental People. We are learning about how we are able to see and feel God’s presence in our everyday lives and after half term we will be starting our new topic “From Lent to Easter.”
We started this term with a story called The Princess and the White Bear King which is a beautiful fairy tale all about a Princess going above and beyond to help her Prince. The children have been doing lots of drama and role play with this story and we are focussing particularly on developing their vocabulary choices when writing. We’re also looking at Claude in the city which is a quirky tale about a mischievous dog. We really appreciate you spending time at home reading with you child every night as our school mission is to empower our children to love and appreciate reading for life.
In Maths, we have really focused on different calculations using number. Please help your child learn their times tables and related division facts – recalling these quickly is an important skill that will really help them with maths! Later in the term, we will revisit telling the time and fractions of shapes and numbers as well as money. An effective way to help your child tell the time is through showing them the time during the day for specific parts of their routine (eg. dinner time, bed time etc).
This term, 2E’s Assembly will be all about changes that have happened since September, the start of the new school year. At the beginning of the term, 2M did their assembly all about new beginnings and knowing that there is more to life than materialistic things.
As is the case throughout the school, we expect and encourage all children to adhere to the high standards of behaviour both in class and on the playground.
The children in Year 2 have worked together to create a set of Golden Rules and have all agreed to follow these rules with the understanding that doing so will create a happy learning environment that will help their learning.
Working together with parents and guardians plays a big part in establishing good relationships and standards of behaviour.
- Book bags will go home on Tuesday and Friday. Please ensure that your child brings their book bag to school on Monday and Thursday so they are able to choose a new reading book.
- Homework is set every Friday and must be completed and returned on a Monday. We really appreciate your support when helping children with homework. The task set is related to what we have covered in class that week and provides a chance for them to consolidate their learning.
- Spellings are set and tested every Friday.
- PE takes place every Thursday afternoon. Please ensure that your child has a full PE kit in school on this day. All items of uniform must also be named.
- Please ensure that your child brings in a named bottle of water every day.