Starting Nursery in September 2021?
Find out more information about what to expect and how to help your child by reading our transition information below.
Welcome to Nursery
Welcome to Nursery
Class Teacher: Mrs Mahmood
Nursery Nurse: Mrs Doyle
Welcome back to Spring Term. We hope you had a relaxing break.
Our topics for this term are ‘Off for a Walk’ and in Spring 2 ‘People Who Help Us’.
In English, we will be exploring:
- Rosie’s Walk
- What the Ladybird Heard
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt
- Emergency, Emergency
- Dr Ranj-A Superhero Like You
- The hospital Dog
In maths, we will continue to identify and touch count numbers 0-5. We will be focusing on number formation.
- Learn and join in simple number rhymes and songs
- Link numerals and amounts: for example, showing the right number of objects to match the numeral, up to 5
- You can support your child at home by singing number songs and counting objects around your home
Our new topic for this term is ‘Being a Sacramental People’
- God is a Spirit that can’t be seen but is all around us
- God is all around us in people's actions
- Children to focus on love of God and how our worship of God shows his presence
- How Christians show their love of God when they pray
- Practice making the sign of the cross and talk to your child about what they learn at school
Spring 2: From Lent to Easter:
- The stories and events of Holy Week
- The signs and symbols of Easter.
- How liturgical celebrations are celebrated at home, school and in church.
We have begun our phonics sessions. Children will be focusing on set 1 sounds from the Read Write Inc. Scheme.
We will be starting our outdoor learning this term. Please send in your child’s welly boots and waterproof jackets every Tuesday. Please write your child’s name clearly on the welly boots, jackets and the bag they bring it in. At the end of the session, we will leave the bags outside for you to collect.
- Please label ALL clothing including hats and gloves
- Please send your child’s book bags everyday
- No jewellery or religious threads
- Homework will be set on GC ( google class) some parents need to activate your accounts
- Name writing/ pencil control- please support your child at home.
- Please have a look at our spring term curriculum map on the website with more information about your child’s learning.
- If you have any questions or concerns please ask us at the beginning or end of the session
- For information and support please look at the Development matters