Reception Home Learning Timetable Week Beginning 23rd March
Home Learning - March 2020
Mrs Ward (RG)
Miss Durbin (RD)
In Reception we have been very busy learning new sounds and numbers. Our topic this term is ‘Into the Forest’ we are looking at animals that live in the forest, where they live and how they live during winter. We are reading the stories One Snowy Night, Owl Babies, Stick Man, Stanley’s Stick and the Gruffalo.
We are busy working hard learning our phonics sounds everyday and we love to use our sounds to help us to read and write. Our target this term is to be able to write a simple sentence independently using a capital letter at the beginning and full stop at the end.
Religious Education: We are been learning about how we can see God on Earth looking at the world God created for us.
In our Maths lessons we have are beginning to learn to add and subtract, we now focusing on numbers up to 20. In our math’s lessons we will also be learning to tell the time and use money to buy items in our Park Shop.
Forest Friday will be starting every Friday and in these sessions we will be sorting and classifying natural objects, measuring the height of the tree and we are busy planting in our area ready for Spring. Our next project is to make bird feeders and a bug hotel to encourage Gods creatures to come to our forest. Please remember your waterproof trousers, wellies, hats and gloves every Friday.
- Book bags are now to be in school and sent home daily. The children will get a new reading book on Tuesday and Thursday. Please ensure that your child’s book bag is in school on these days and that their reading records are signed each time they have read a reading scheme book at home.
- Forest Fridays please remember your waterproof trousers, wellies, hats and gloves every Friday in a named bag.
- PE is on Wednesday, please ensure your child wears their PE kit to school.
- Please dress your child appropriately for the weather as they do learn outside so during Winter please ensure your child has a green hat, a green scarf and green gloves in school everyday clearly labelled.
- ‘Home Learning’ book is collected on Wednesdays and handed out on Fridays. Please choose one activity per week to complete. Once complete put the date on the sheet. Please help your child but do not do it for them.