Within this area, you will be able to find all the home learning tasks we have planned during the current school closure.
If you need to get in touch or have any questions regarding the home learning, please email: email@example.com
Teachers will respond to emails within 24 hours - Monday to Friday only.
Please use this email for home learning enquiries rather than the school office. Thank you.
Week 3 Home Learning Year 1 W/B 20th April 2020
Year 1 Home Learning Timetable Week Beginning 23rd March
This weeks resources
Home Learning - March 2020
Our Teachers are:
Ms Mitra (1M)
Ms Oakes (1O)
Our Teaching Assistants are:
Welcome to Year 1's Class Page!
First of all, a huge thank you for your support and efforts during this difficult time. We understand that this is a stressful time but we will work together to ensure that your child(ren) receives as much support in their learning as we can.
Although there are no scheduled time tables during the two week Easter break, we have still provided you with some activities that you can do to keep the little ones busy and entertained.
We are approaching Holy Week and the children have looked at the significance on Palm Sunday, Holy Thursday and Good Friday. Please alert the children that we are coming up to Easter Sunday, the day of Jesus’ Resurrection. It’s not about eating chocolate Easter Eggs, but it is a time to celebrate Jesus’ return to our lives and remember the sacrifice that he made.
Here are some activities you can carry out:
- Story map of Holy Week – it’s like retelling the story but with pictures.
We encourage that your child still reads on a daily basis, however there are lots of fun things that you and your child can be doing.
- Continue to play phonics games on https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
- Write a daily diary of what you have been getting up to whilst in lockdown
- Write your own story about what the Easter Bunny gets up to when he’s not delivering Easter eggs.
- A bit like an Easter egg hunt, have a 3D shape hunt in your home – what shape is an Easter egg?
- Have an Easter shop where you sell your Easter eggs to your parents, this can help you start to recognise the different coins
Science and Geography/History
- Create some flowers using card/paper and glue – can you name each part of the flowering plant?
- Create a house like one from the Great Fire of London.
Art and D&T
- Although there will be no Easter Bonnet parade you could still create your bonnet.
- Bake a cake and decorate with Easter decorations.
- Create Easter cards; you could either make one and send pictures to your family or try to create one on the computer and email it to your friends and family.
Have a look at this website for some more fantastic Easter craft ideas:
We hope you have an enjoyable Easter spending time with your family and hope you all keep safe!